Friday, April 18, 2008

Today in History

Well I seem to really be into History lately... I like to go back and see what has happened in the world on certain days.

Today I was doing it and here are some really interesting facts I learned!

1995 Quarterback Joe Montana announces his retirement from football
1994 Roseanne Barr Arnold files for divorce from Tom Arnold
1994 Former President Richard Nixon suffers a stroke & dies 4 days later
1977 Baltimore Orioles' Eddie Murray hits his 1st homerun
1934 Hitler names Joachim von Ribbentrop, ambassador for disarmament
1907 Fairmont Hotel opens

Those Born today

1976 Melissa Joan Hart Sayville NY, actress (Clarissa, Sabrina)
1956 Melody Thomas Scott Los Angeles CA, actress (Nikki-Young & Restless)
1953 Rick Moranis Toronto Ontario Canada, (SCTV, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs)
1946 Hayley Mills London England, actress (Parent Trap, Pollyanna)

No comments: